1) Kolkata 07 July 2017 : Domestic Violence – for last 20 yrs – has been RAMPANT – often taking place in West Bengal / Kolkata. Apart from Police Inaction, under-action etc – there is NO such moves from citizens – to pay serious attention to this vital SOCIAL MALADY.
>> PROMPT ACTION – – Needed from civil society
2) Kolkata 07 July 2017 : 01) an incident of severe & extreme bodily torture by 2 sons – Moses Saha & Daniel Saha – caused on their mother – Asima Saha (72) in Tiljala PS area – on date : 03 March 2017. whole world will shudder to know – – after torture – Asima the old woman who had lost her husband – some 8 yrs ago – was left alone to DIE – – she was kept LOCKED – inside one of her first-floor rooms. Hearing her death groans – her neighbours sent an alert to Tiljala PS. She ws rescued by police – after breaking open the room.
02) Present Status of this case – as on 07 07 2017 : No Arrest has been made. The Offenders are roaming on the streets. Two daughters of Asima – Reshma & Marina – tried their best to convince local police to take express action, but in vain. I.O. of the case has been changed. With initial medical attention given to Asima, the affected woman, at Calcutta National Medical College, Park Circus – where she got back her life – – her daughters took her to Assembly of God Hospital at Park Street, where she gained little stamina.
– – WE CITIZENS – – – MUST RISE TOGETHER – – TO PROTEST – –
– – LET US PROTEST TO SUCH POLICE INACTION & LETHARGY – –